Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day Off...

So my partner and I decided to take a day off today to get some things taken care of, as well as just spend more time together.  After we ran some morning errands, we both decided that we were hungry.  So off to the Wegman's Hot Food Bar we went!

All About Wegmans

I am always really suspect of Super Market Hot Food Bars.  Firstly, you never know how long the food is there for.  Secondly, the sneeze guard isn't conducive to short folk.  And thirdly, the food isn't always that good.  That's not the case at Wegmans.  The food is pretty damn good and there is always a great variety of food!  You can get everything on their hot food bar, from Thai, Chinese, INDIAN, to Chicken Wings and soups.  They have some great stuff, let me tell you...

So what went into my tummy today?  I scoped out the Indian Section of the hot food bar (I LOVE INDIAN FOOD) and filled my little container with Butter Chicken, Basmati Rice, and Naan.  Most people would be skeptical of eating Indian Food from a Grocery Store hot food bar, but man, let me tell you... my meal was GREAT!  I was so impressed.  But let's not get it twisted... it's not the best Indian food I've had.  But it's definitely better than a lot of places I've been to.  And the fact that Indian food is even available in my part of Prince George's County is a Coup!  I washed it down with a bottle of water... and even had a small white cheddar and broccoli soup!  Man... Wegmans is the spot.

I've even had the sushi there, and it was pretty impressive as far as Grocery Store food goes.  The fact that you can get sushi made to order... at cheaper than Dean and Deluca prices is great!

So check it out... if you live in P.G. County... or if you just live near a Wegmans, it behooves you to go!

Onward and upward,

-Vince

1 comment:

  1. I MISSS WEGMANS!!!!

    Dear grocery store gods, please send a Wegman's to South Florida! My grocery store excursions have turned into a horrible chore I'd rather pay someone to do. The Wegman's shopping experience makes my day at the mall look like a nuisance with time wasted that could have been better spent at ... well .. WEGMANS'S!

    ReplyDelete