Thursday, February 24, 2011

Aqua Terra of Annapolis

Aqua Terra of Annapolis is located, guess where?  Annapolis, Maryland.  It's a great little spot in the heart of Old Town Annapolis. It's smaller, and just not your normal restaurant (in a GREAT way).  I've never actually been to a place like this, a place that does a tapas-style (for those of you who don't know what tapas are, think small plates for a group to share) meal with Asian influences.  I really love this spot, the owners are so accommodating, and are really about the service.  And let's also let it be known, the food is good!  If you aren't into small plates, you can also get full blown meals, whole-fried fish, crab cakes that are bigger than my fist... I mean the list goes on and on.  When I go for dinner, I usually do 3 small plates, to myself.  (Screw that, I'm not sharing!).  So down the hatch goes the Noodles (Udon noodles in a spicy broth with Asian Vegetables and your choice of chicken or beef),  More Potstickers (pulled duck, goat cheese, and green onion in a deep fried won-ton skin) and of course, the More Tuna (Seared Ahi Tuna with Asian slaw and unagi sauce.)  Sounds like a lot of food, right?  Trust me, it is.  But dag nabit, it so dang good!

What's also cool about this spot is that they also do a great brunch, with everything from a 4 egg omelet to a Eggs Benedict, Your way... I mean... it doesn't get any better than this.

And you know what else pulls me here?  It has to be the wine list.  I've been to a few restaurants in my day, but its not often that you come across a restaurant that carries an Aquinas Wine, STRAIGHT OUT OF THE NAPA VALLEY.  I mean... can you say, FALLING IN LOVE????

Trust me... I've already fallen in love with this spot.  Ken and Di... (owners and chefs) will definitely take care of your palates...

Check them out!

Aqua Terra of Annapolis

Onward and upward,

-Vince

1 comment: