Thursday, January 13, 2011

Salads, food menus, and hilarity.

So... I pack my lunch every day for work.  The past few weeks, its been salad on deck.  But I discovered that you can take frozen peas and frozen corn, place them in a container, and just let them defrost naturally.  By lunchtime, you have peas and corn for your salad.  Ummm, yeah.  Not so much this time around.  The peas and corn were still a little frosty.  They were like veggie flavored croutons!  I wanted to defrost them in the microwave, but if I did that, they would be too warm and melt my spinach mix.  Not good eats, since I am eating a salad and not sauteed spinach.  Oh well.  So I had veggie croutons.

My partner and I are having a small cocktail party this weekend.  I spent my lunch break finalizing the menu.  I am too excited about this menu... and completely brings me back to the couple of parties that I catered when I lived in California.  Good times... and good memories...

Be on the watch!!! Pictures of and video of all the good eats are going to get posted here... once I get the actual cooking underway!

Onward and upward...

-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment