Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to Justify Eating Poorly... LOL

I call a friend of who lives in Florida on a weekly basis on my way home from work.  We talk about everything: life, family, and most importantly, food.  So today, on my way home, she tells me she's making a delicious fruit crisp.  Now, we all know that fruit crisps are not necessarily the healthiest thing to eat.  But hey... as a foodie... you can make a not-so-figure-friendly food sound like the greatest diet food ever.  You can even make it possible to have dessert for breakfast, dessert for dinner, or dessert at any time of day.  So here we go...

"There's protein in butter, right?  So eating a fruit crisp gives you protein."

"But wait, there's fiber in fruit!  Fiber keeps you fuller for longer!"

"Soy milk, drink soy milk with your crisp, instantly healthier."

"How about a glass of red wine with that?  Wine is just crushed up grapes."

"Blackberries and blueberries = antioxidants."

Foodies' minds works in evil ways, they do.  :)

Onward and upward,

-Vince

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. Please keep the antics and pointers coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jas. I really appreciate you following me. Tell your friends about me!

    ReplyDelete