Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Restaurant Time!

As some of you may know, I work in the Gerogetown area of Washington, D.C.  There are quiet a few restaurants in the area, but it seems like at least half of them are Italian.  How do you have 8 Italian restaurants in a 4 block radius?  I just doesn't make any sense. 

With that said, my partner and I went out for dinner at one of these restaurants last night.  Paper Moon, DC is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the area.  White tablecloths, good food, and good wine.  They also have a pretty good happy hour as well, for those who like to go for after-work libations. 

I have a tip for you when going to check out a restaurant.  Definitely check out the daily specials.  Even though these items may not always be on the menu, the restaurant is attempting to try something new on its customers.  I think that you would be sweetly surprised by what you can find on the Specials Menu...

So back to the food.  My partner had pan seared salmon over angel hair pasta in a chunky tomato sauce.  It looked really good.  I had the cannelloni (filled pasta tubes), filled with a mixture of ricotta cheese, spinach, and minced chicken.  The cannelloni was served with a marina sauce over the top of it.  Both items were too delicious. 

One of the issues that I usually have with Italian restaurants is that they just give you entirely too much food.  (Like that should be a complaint).  BUT... a whole bowl of pasta can put a serious curve in your waistline, and it also leaves you not wanting dessert, or after dinner coffee for that matter.  At Paper Moon, they do a really great job with the portions.  I left satisfied, not feeling too heavy or bloated. 

Check out Paper Moon!!!

Here's the link to Paper Moon's website.

Onward and upward,

-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment