Thursday, November 3, 2011

This is the Remix Meal #3 - Pizza Muffins


 THIS IS THE REMIX…If you are like me, when you make your favorite spaghetti meat sauce, you make entirely too much of it.  In my case… I make a lot so I can freeze some and have some for the week’s meals.  But you can only have spaghetti bolognese so many times in a week!  So how do you remix it?  I turned my bolognese sauce into PIZZA MUFFINS.

Keep in mind, this recipe isn’t completely like pizza in that it doesn’t have the classic pizza toppings.  However, there is NOTHING stopping you from using classic pizza toppings.  This is just a method.  You can adjust it to your liking and your favorites.

Lehhgo!

Ingredients

1 package of premade pizza dough (I used the pop-can style by Pillsbury)
½ cup of your favorite sauce (I used my own bolognese sauce)
¼ cup of ricotta cheese
¼ cup of mozzerella cheese (Reserve a bit on the side to top your muffins)
¼ cup of cheddar cheese

1 Muffin Tin greased with a bit of non-stick spray
Mozzerella, Cheddar, Ricotta, and Pizza Dough

Pizza dough

Bolognese Sauce

 
Unroll your pizza dough and cut it into six pieces.  Roll out these pieces so that they fit into the holes of the muffin tin and that they create cups.  Bake this per the directions on the package of pizza dough.   Just a tip, I baked the cups for 5 minutes longer than the package instructions to ensure that you have a fully cooked cup.

Pizza Dough in the Muffin Tins


While your muffins are in the oven. Combine the rest of your ingredients together.  What you are looking for is a soft mush… the consistency of mashed potatoes.  If you find that your mixture is too wet, add a bit more ricotta to get the proper consistency.

Bolognese, and Cheese Mixture


Remove muffins from oven.  Now that you have a “cup”, fill them with the mixture you just made and top with the reserved mozzerella cheese.  Place back in the oven for 8-10 more minutes, or until the cheese mixture is all melted and gooey.

Remove from oven and there you have it… PIZZA MUFFINS!



Serve with a side salad.



When I tell you that the pizza muffins were ridiculously good!  I’m not lying.  And they were so quick to make!

Try it out!

Onwards and Upwards,

-Vince

No comments:

Post a Comment